Welcome to Connecticut's Online Sportsmen Licensing System
State of Connecticut From this site, you can purchase Connecticut FISHING, HUNTING, and TRAPPING licenses, as well as all required deer, turkey, pheasant and migratory bird permits, stamps and tags. For more information about how to use this site, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.

First Time Customers: To buy licenses and permits online, you will have to register for a Connecticut Conservation ID. A Connecticut Conservation ID is a unique number that is assigned to you for the online purchase of all fishing and hunting licenses, permits and tags. Each time you purchase a new license or permit, you will use this number to login. You will also use this number when you purchase licenses or permits at participating town clerks, sporting goods stores and DEEP offices.

Fishing Licenses: If you are a new customer, you will need a valid driver’s license number or social security number to register for a Connecticut Conservation ID.

Hunting & Trapping Licenses: If you want to buy a license or permit that gives you hunting or trapping privileges, you need a way to verify that you have met Connecticut's hunter and trapper education requirements. If you have taken a Connecticut hunting/trapping safety course, your hunting and trapping license eligibility may already exist in the online licensing database. If when logging on, you are not found in our computerized records, you will not be able to buy hunting or trapping licenses online. You will have to go to a participating town clerk, sporting goods store or a DEEP office to show proof of your eligibility to buy hunting and/or trapping licenses.

Pheasant Stamps: Pheasant Stamp Authorization is required for hunting Pheasant on public lands. Once purchased, this authorization will appear as a privilege on your Conservation License. A physical "stamp" is not available. Pheasant Tags are no longer required and are not available. Please see the current Hunting and Trapping Guide for daily and season bag limits

Connecticut Migratory Bird Conservation Stamp (CT Duck Stamp): Starting on January 1, 2012, waterfowl hunting privileges will be for the calendar year, January 1 through December 31. When you purchase a Connecticut migratory Bird Conservation Stamp online or at a vendor, the hunting privilege will be listed on your license when it is printed. The physical stamp (artwork) can be requested by answering “yes” to the prompt when selecting the Duck Stamp, however the artwork is not required for hunting. Hunters or collectors wishing to receive more than 1 physical stamp can order those, for an additional fee, by directly contacting License and Revenue at 860-424-3105 or click here to send an email

Tagging and Reporting of Deer and Turkey Kills: Go to the Connecticut DEEP's hunting and trapping page to read about these regulations (

Reprinting Your License: You can reprint your license at any time by logging on with your CT Conservation ID, last name, and date of birth. After logging in, there is a link for your license history on the top right of the page where you can reprint any of your active licenses. You can also go to a participating license vendor and ask for them to reprint your license.

Over-the-Counter License Sale Locations
License Agents DEEP Offices

Before you start:

  • This is a good time to get out your driver's license and the credit card you will be using to make your payment. If you have taken any Connecticut Hunter Safety courses, you should also have out one of your certificates. 
  • Visa and Mastercard CREDIT cards are accepted for payment of license fees. Debit cards are not accepted.
  • This service requires the use of Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher or Netscape 6.0 or higher or Firefox 2.0 or higher. Throughout the transaction process, sensitive data transmissions between your browser and the server are secured (This site is certified by Digicert.) Information collected will not be disclosed to unauthorized parties except as required by state or federal law. 
  • Transaction confirmations and related information will be sent if you provide a valid email address.
  • You will need a printer to print your license and sales receipt. The license you print at the end of your transaction is your official license and, after signing the license, you must carry it whenever you go into the field. In the event of printer or user error, you will be allowed to reprint your license. After you complete the transaction, you may reprint your license at any time by logging back into the system. 

For answers to the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), please refer to the FAQ page. Contact Customer Support with any comments, suggestions, and reports of problems.


Active Outdoors Website Online Sportsmen Licensing:     Home    |    FAQ    |    Support
Copyright © 2014 Active Inc., all rights reserved